A good dashboard is key to your project’s success. It helps you track your team’s progress and identify potential bottlenecks so you can avoid problems in the future. Most importantly, a great dashboard reflects your team’s performance and motivates your staff to do great work.
What makes a great dashboard?
A dashboard helps you focus on data that’s meaningful only to you — everything else is a distraction.
Here are the steps to building a great Jira dashboard:
- Identify your goals for the project. Narrow this list down to the essentials. These goals will determine your dashboard’s design.
- What information would you really need to fulfill your goals? Is it hours worked? Story points? Keep them top of mind when you’re choosing your gadgets.
- Group related metrics together and use clear labels. Grouping them will make it easier to identify trends.
- Once you’ve determined what your dashboard should have, standardize it across your team or organization. This makes it easier for your team/organization to follow the same metrics, so you can work towards the same goals.
Even when you’ve designed your ideal dashboard, expect it to be dynamic. It should evolve with your changing projects and priorities.
How Rich Filters can help you build a GREAT Jira dashboard in minutes (so you’ll need fewer of them).
There are so many Jira gadgets out there, and many of them will have too few or too many features you won’t need. Then you end up with a Jira dashboard that’s overloaded with information and difficult to change.
That defeats the purpose of having a dashboard.
We understand the challenges of creating and maintaining a good dashboard, so we’ve developed a Jira app that helps you create dynamic, versatile and meaningful dashboards in minutes. With Rich Filters, you can choose and customize the gadgets and filters that you really need. You won’t need so many dashboards because you’ll be able to do so much with one.
How can Rich Filters help? Here are some of the ways:
- Quick filters let you focus your dashboard on real-time data that’s meaningful to you. Clicking the quick filters displays only the data that you need, so you can focus your dashboard on what’s relevant to you at the time. Rather than having multiple dashboards with different configurations, one dashboard with quick filters can fulfill the role of many.
- Choose from various statistics and charts to see the metrics you want. Rich Filters comes with one-dimensional and multidimensional statistics and charts to help you visualize your projects in realtime.
Here are just a few examples of statistics and charts you can add to your dashboard:
Is Rich Filters for Jira dashboards right for your organization? Try Rich Filters for Jira Dashboards risk free for 30 days.